License Verification (formerly known as Letters of Good Standing) - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a license verification?
- How do I apply for a license verification?
- How much is the fee?
- Can the license verification be sent back to me?
- How long will my request take to process?
- Where do I send my request?
- Is there any way to expedite my request?
- In addition, the board is requesting my examination scores. Can I get my scores from your office?
- Technical Support/Questions
A license verification is a written verification of a license that is used to supply other country and/or state boards with current information regarding the status of a license.
- Contact VeriDoc and follow the online procedures to request that a license verification be emailed to the other medical board. The letter will be emailed immediately to the other board after the online transaction is completed.
- Submit a written request to the board with a $10 fee enclosed. It must include the doctor's name and license number, as well as the name and address of the requesting medical board. This process takes 10 business days.
The fee is $20 per request if you use VeriDoc online, or $10 per request if you submit the request to the board via mail. If mailing your request to the board, you may submit a check or money order made payable to the Medical Board of California.
No. The letters only will be mailed or emailed directly to the requesting board in another state and/or country.
If you are using VeriDoc, your LV will be emailed immediately to the other board after the online transaction is completed. If mailing your request to the board, please allow 10 days to complete a request.
If mailing your request, you must submit your request to the following address:
Medical Board of California
2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1200
Sacramento, CA 95815
The fastest way to process a request is to use VeriDoc.
If the California State Exam was taken prior to 1969, scores can be provided from this office for a fee of $10. If the FLEX, National Board or USMLE examination scores are needed, please contact the appropriate agency.
If you are using VeriDoc and cannot locate your name on the VeriDoc site, or the recipient state licensure board hasn't received the license verification from VeriDoc, contact JoDee Wiedmeier, Operations Manager, VeriDoc Support at (701) 319-6500 or at support @veridoc.org, for assistance.
If you are using the Medical Board of California to complete your license verification and have questions, contact the Consumer Information Unit, Medical Board of California, (916) 263-2382 or Webmaster@mbc.ca.gov, for assistance.