Submit Complaint Online
Follow the instructions below to assist in your online complaint submission:
- Complete the appropriate Authorization for Release of Information form before starting the online complaint submission process to reduce the possibility of “time-out” issues while submitting a complaint.
- Once you click the "Continue to BreEZe Online Services" button at the bottom of
this page, you will be directed
to the main page of the BreEZe Online Services. The following page will display:
- Click the File a Complaint button located under the Consumers heading on the left column of the page.
Please be advised this online complaint form is used to file complaints against multiple licensed professionals of all boards, bureaus, and committees within the Department of Consumer Affairs. As such, not all questions will be applicable to your complaint. To ensure timely processing of your complaint by the Medical Board of California, please ensure the following information is completed on your online complaint form (if known):
- Incident address
- Name, address, and telephone number of the individual the complaint is about
- Reason for treatment
- Dates of treatment
- Patient name and date of birth
- Your relationship to the patient
- Nature of the complaint
- Name, address, and treatment date(s) of any health care professionals who provided subsequent treatment for the same condition
- Complainant information (please see information below about anonymous complaints)
A complaint can be filed anonymously; however, the Board has a difficult time investigating these complaints. If the Board is unable to obtain documentation or evidence of the complaint allegations, the complaint may not be able to be pursued and the complainant will not receive updates regarding the complaint. However, if medical records are required, the patient’s name will have to be disclosed to the physician in order to release the records to the Board.
If the site is temporarily unavailable, please try again later or call our Consumer Information Unit at (916) 263-2382 between the hours of 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Monday - Friday*, Pacific Standard Time.